12.20.2008

Bottega Veneta Braided Leather Hobo




I love that Bottega Veneta is adjusting its prices during the economic crunch with this simple hobo with just a discreet touch of its signature braided leather- $1,380. But don't worry about quality- with BV, you will always get the top grade leathers and impeccable craftsmanship, no matter the price! It's been really difficult to practice self restraint Christmas shopping this year; with retailers slashing prices to 75% off how can one resist (and one doesn't-- I picked up a Michael Kors python tote and a Tod's python bag the other day!). But you don't need a sale to justify this cuddly beauty; I held it in my hands the other day and it was so amazingly soft I wanted sleep on it. And talk about functionality-- I can't say enough about the single strap, you won't be pushing up that pesky extra strap up on your shoulders while you go about your day! There is magnetic closure and inner zippers with hidden pockets to put your valuables if you are an urban dweller. I wish more designers would think of ways to design stylish single strap bags. It looks big but 17"x14" is not so huge when the bag melts and molds against your body. There are many colors available but I think this copper shade will age and patina beautifully. This will be one of those bags you'll pull out in 30 years and think it looks better than the day you bought it. $1,380 At Saks.com